Thursday 9 September 2010

SAMANTHA GRADOVILLE X NUMERO CHINA SEPTEMBER '10









Monochrome always wins! That is my new motto. Nothing I have seen recently legitamises my omnipotent motto more so than this editorial shot by Pierre Even, with bold and exceptional styling by Niklas Bildstein. I like the fact that Even chose a clear background as to let the clothes do all the talking, and my how garrulous the clothes are! I like the Gareth Pugh(sidebar : Gareth Pugh is the apparent heir to the McQueen throne, I can see the similarities) piece that can be described only as a wearable Frank Gehry. The Pedro Lorenco blazer, well if you can call it a blazer, I prefer the term "wearable sex" , I know I use that phrase a lot; I might as well have it trademarked, anyway AGAIN I DIGRESS! I like the "less is more" concept of this shoot, (Borat voice) it is very niiiiiiiice. To whomever this may concern I would urge you to check out Gareth Pugh, his stuff is goth-couture, very dramatic, but I've seen his stuff in real life and the workmanship is the whale's testicles. In other words its very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...