Saturday 30 October 2010

DRIES VAN NOTEN SPRING/SUMMER '11









via Jak&Jil Blog

Perfect backdrop for this collection? French Riviera in the middle of June, when it isnt too hot and you can lounge with a vermouth, slice of lemon and crushed ice. Apparently Florence+The Machine was the soundtrack at the show, obviously I wasnt there but my invite was lost in the post. Damn you Royal Mail. It was a delicate mix of we had flared flared denim, cotton blazers and floral prints all building to a crescendo of tunic tops, palazzo pants, chiffon poncho, sequin shorts and sweaters.I just picked out my favourite from the collection. The collection confronted me as nouveau, yet fresh; DVN dancing between the lines of androgyny, but in a subtle way and with finesse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...