Monday 4 October 2010

KANYE WEST SNL "POWER" X "RUNAWAY"

Kanye West Saturday Night Live Performance "Power" from Dat New Row on Vimeo.



Kanye West Saturday Night Live Performance "Runaway" from Dat New Row on Vimeo.



Thanks to @fahidul for the heads up on this. This is art. You already know I am going to lick Mr. West's anus anyway, so here we go. I love the minimalist performance of "Power", just a stripped down and emotive version of the video. Kanye West seems to be an arbiter of all things worthy of being called "good taste", he knows what to juxtapose and what not to, I mean even the eye candy is tasteful. I remember watching his performance of "Heartless" on SNL a couple of years ago and thinking to myself "I will not see a better live television performance, I was wrong, this is the shit.
I read a post where someone was like "gaaah I dont get the ballerina's! they have nothing to do with the song!", if you dont understand it then maybe you aren't meant to , the shit might not be for you. Things don't always have to go with what they are meant to, sometimes things look better when they are paired with their complete opposite. Call it polarisation, juxtapositioning or just awesome creative direction, loathe him or love him, you cannot ignore Kanye West! And yes I have burrowed up his anus, I have a two bedroom penthouse up there I adore him that much. MINIMALISM FTW!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...